Car Injury Lawyer in Greenwood MS
Car accidents are covered by the law on negligence. Drivers are legally bound to exercise reasonable care when they are on the road. If they fall short of this required degree of care, they will be liable for any damage and injury they might cause to people and property. The injured party needs to prove that he or she has suffered injuries and that the negligence of the offender is the proximate cause of such injury.
See also: Auto Injury Lawyer
Our Car Accident Lawyer's Tips About Settlements.
Having to settle claims when involved in a car accident can be very complicated. That is why Abraham & Associates have some tips on how to go about it.
- Don’t Give a Final Demand. When you give final demands, the defendant will usually forward you right away to his insurance provider. Final demands will leave you no room for adjustments for your claims.
- Documents. It is important to have all necessary documents prepared. This includes the defendant’s driver’s license, his personal information, any criminal records, and information about his insurance.
- Police Report. Police reports can provide you with additional information about the circumstances surrounding the accident. They are also precise because car accidents are immediately reported to the police after the event happens.
- Witnesses. Witnesses provide you with a third party perspective on what happened during the accident. Their statements are reliable because they were present.
- Computing losses. Before negotiating a settlement, make sure that you have already calculated your total losses. Otherwise, you some of the claims that you are entitled to might not be given to you.
- Organize Paperwork. For the negotiation process to go smoothly, make sure that you already have all paperwork ready, and you have them organized. If your paperwork isn't organized, this may cause confusion.
- Medical Records. The expenses you can claim when negotiating a settlement do not only include losses suffered during the actual accident. You can also have your medical expenses paid for during the time you are treated.
See also: Cases Involving Pedestrian Accidents
See also: Claiming Wrongful Death
Always remember that you can you can have justice when involved in a car accident. Let Abraham & Associates give you proper legal representation. Contact us now.
305 West Market Street • Greenwood, MS 38930
Phone: 662-453-3000 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established."