Embezzlement Attorney in Greenwood MS
Embezzlement is a form of property theft. Here, a person’s property is entrusted to an individual for the latter to monitor or manage. The person entrusted with the property then steals the entire property or a portion thereof for his or her own gain. It is best to remember that the person committing embezzlement has had legal access to a person’s money or property.
An Embezzlement Attorney Can Help You With These:
- Public money, property, or records
- Tools and materials for counterfeiting purposes
- Accounting generally for public money
- Receiving unauthorized deposit of public money
- Court officers
- Custodians misusing public funds
- Depositaries failing to safeguard deposits
- Disbursing officer
- Theft by a bank examiner
- Employees of lending, credit or insurance institutions, or banks committing embezzlement 11. Embezzlement of property mortgaged or pledged to farm credit agencies
- Solicitation or use of gifts
- Embezzlement of employee benefit plan
- Programs receiving federal funds
- Theft of livestock
- Theft of major artwork
- Embezzlement involving health care
Money Laundering is very much connected with embezzlement. After the defendant has embezzled the money or property entrusted to him, he or she will find a way to cover his tracks. This is the crime of money laundering. It is the process of covering up the origin or source of the illegally obtained money or property.
See also: Criminal Defense Lawyer
If someone you have entrusted with money or property has defrauded you contact Abraham & Associates now for legal representation. We will guide you every step of the way.
305 West Market Street • Greenwood, MS 38930
Phone: 662-453-3000 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established."