Truck Accident Lawyer in Greenwood MS
Tractor trailers are those big trucks that have large engines and a cab portion that carry cargo. They are also known as transport trucks. When these large vehicles collide with other vehicles or other objects, it is already considered a tractor trailer accident. You either file a lawsuit in court to enforce your claims, or you can try to settle with the one who is liable for your damages and injuries.
See also: Bus Accident Reasons
Get Help With Settlements From A Truck Accident Lawyer.
- Complicated. The first thing to know about tractor trailer or truck accidents is that they are very complicated. A lot of evidence has to be gathered, a lot of state and federal laws have to be considered, and the regulations that go into how to settle your claims.
- Employer-employee Relationship. It has to be shown that there is an employer-employee relationship between the driver of the tractor-trailer or truck and the company he is representing. This is important in order to determine who you will be dealing with and who is liable.
See also: Know what to do in case of a work place injury
- Evidence. Gather all the important evidence you need. You have to secure the police report, driver’s licenses, insurance information, medical certificates, and liquidation of other damages and injuries suffered. You will need all these to solidify your claim and ensure a proper settlement.
- Determining the Amount. There are a lot of things that should be considered in calculating the amount of claims that will be awarded to you. Medical bills, lost wages, degree of injuries, loss of companionship, and the pain and suffering you went through. It has to be properly investigated to determine the exact amount.
- Contributory Negligence. There are times when the victim also has a part in the accident. He or she might have also been at fault. You can still recover and be awarded your claims but the amount will be adjusted relative to the degree of fault you have contributed.
- Lawsuit. Not all settlement attempts are successful. Some companies are unwilling to agree with your claims. When settlement fails, you should file a complaint in court. Abraham & Associates will provide you with experienced legal representation.
You don’t have to go through the legal process alone. Abraham & Associates is here to help you. Our lawyers are always ready to cater to your needs. Contact us and we will handle it..
305 West Market Street • Greenwood, MS 38930
Phone: 662-453-3000 • Email: email@example.com
"The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established."